L&T – ECC Workshops (LTEW), an ISO 9001:2000 certified shop, is located 50 km away from Chennai on the Chennai – Bangalore Highway at Neervalur Village, near Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu. It is equipped with modern facilities for fabrication and supply of custom designed plant and equipment components.
Spread on a 100 acre plot, it has 12,000sq.m area of covered sheds, 28,000sq.m area of open gantry yards and trial assembly yards with EOT / Gantry / Crawler / Mobile Cranes and extensive blasting & painting facilities, for fabrication of:
- Columns and pressure vessels
- Bulk material handling equipment like stacker reclaimers, specialized mining
- Machines like bucket wheel excavators/ mobile transfer conveyors/spreaders, level luffing cranes/ ship loaders and unloaders, paddle feeders etc.
- Reformer modules and fired heaters (consisting of convection and radiant modules) for refineries and fertilizer plants
- Steel plant equipment (bustle pipe, sinter machine and cooler structures)
- Paintshop facilities and components for automobile industry
- Steel bridges (Railway and Road)
- Space / spatial frames for building roofs
- Design and fabrication of EOT / Gantry/ Goliath / Jib Cranes
- Power plant structures
- Gates and stop logs for hydel power projects