India's largest engineering construction organisation founded the Construction Skills Training Institute (CSTI) way back in 1995. Construction Skills Training Institute (CSTI) was founded with a motive to regulate and promote Construction Vocational Training in India in a professional manner, in order to develop a Modular Training System for Construction related Trades, which will supply the Industry with significant numbers of workers, trained to limited but recognized skill levels, in the shortest possible time. CSTI branches have been established in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Strategic objectives of CSTI are:
1) To prepare the construction workforce to meet the imminent explosion in the demand for world class construction in terms of the required level of quality of workmanship and productivity.
2) To classify training requirements and to set standards to monitor occupational levels of competency of the technicians to be deployed in construction.
3) To disseminate knowledge & appropriate skill practice through recognized systems of training, testing and certification to validate levels of competency.
4) To facilitate training by setting up modular training schools with well defined infrastructure and curricula.
5) To serve the social cause of harnessing the raw power of multitude of Indian youth into trained and focused construction workforce of world class standards.
Training programme design using the modular approach allows for continuous assessment of achievement and recognition at each stage of training. In addition trade tests have been specified to enable the testing of Knowledge & Skill.
Construction Skills Training Institute is being setup in about 5 acres site, near our HQ campus in a separate place quite conducive for the purpose of Vocational Training.
CSTI has a Permanent Infrastructure facilities for a value of about 350 Lakhs is being put up in this campus.